For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Harsh Look at Reality

Okay, now this is heartbreaking beyond words. I had not sought out this picture, it just happened to come across my path and now I can not erase this image from my mind. I know this child is of another race, culture, and geographic location, but everytime I look at this picture, I see my children. If you watched the video I posted earlier, you can see why this has struck a nerve with me. Everyday I have more than enough to feed my family. My children have no idea, nor do I, how it feels to go hungry. And, for that I am incredibly thankful to the Lord. But, I can not turn my head when there are pictures like this. It's easy to just look at this picture and feel sad, but it's another thing to let it get down and penetrate the very fiber of your being. This child you see in this picture is or was a real living person. This is not a cartoon...someone did not draw this up, it is not imaginary. This is a real person, a real soul. There is something I can do about it, even if it is a small contribution to a really big problem. This is why our hearts have been burdened to begin the adoption process. And with God's help and provision, we can make a difference while we are still on this Earth.

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful thing you two are doing. I am just weeping at the sight of this picture and feeling ashamed that my biggest problem today is which pillow shams to buy from Pottery Barn. I feel blessed to be able to watch you go through this process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is such a heartbreaking picture...haunts me still...thanks for being apart of this ride!!

    ReplyDelete