For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Sunday, December 5, 2010

What in the world are we doing?

I have had so many questions about our adoption that I thought it might be nice to fill y'all in on the details of our adoption process. We submitted our application to our international agency November 21st. Now that we have submitted our application we move on to the homestudy. This involves filling out lots and lots of paperwork, including financial information, autobiographies, fingerprinting, background checks, etc. Getting all this done has been easier for me than George. He is very busy working and being a good hubby and daddy...it leaves him little time to try and get the paperwork done. So, I try and get everyting done that I possibly can, then he can just sign on the dotted line. Seems to be working! We are getting there. Tomorrow I hope to get my fingerprinting done. It will feel great to check one more thing off the list! I will keep everyone posted on our progress! Many have asked where we are adopting from and why we chose where we chose. Well, we are adopting from Ethiopia. We have requested boy or girl (doesn't matter to us), age range between 12months and 2 1/2 years old. Our adoption agency told us that 90% of people adopting request an infant girl (under 12 months). So, our timeline could be faster because we are open to boy or girl and we are seeking over 12 months. So, it will be interesting to see who God has in store for us! Feels a bit like I am in my 20th week of pregnancy waiting to hear boy or girl! Except, I don't have someone kicking me from the inside all day! Why we picked Ethiopia is pretty simple...we just felt a deep burden for the people of that country and the poverty and harships they endure everyday. We also happen to think that they have adorable children there! With 5 million orphans in Ethiopia, I am sure God will lead us directly to who it is he has planned to be our son or daughter! We are thrilled and excited to see what is in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment