For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Care Package to Sophia

Well, as much as we want Sophia here at home with us...this helps us feel like we are "providing" for her in some way. Isn't this just a great care package? We have worked with an amazing woman named Ann from Red Thread China that puts together care packages and delivers them to your child in the orphanage. We got to pick a package that included pj's, 2 blankets, an outfit, a doll, a photo album of our family, a camera for her caretakers to take pics of her, candy for her caretakers and a lovely letter we wrote to Sophia that Ann translated for us. Of course, Sophia is too little to understand what we wrote, but we are hoping she loves her picture album...hopefully that will help her to recognize us when we get her in China. We feel so blessed to have worked with Ann. Not only did she send such a great package, but she was a joy to work with. And...best of all...she managed to get updated pictures of Sophia...which, if you have adopted, know it is the absolute BEST thing to happen while you are waiting! Waiting is so tough...I think more on me than George. I think it's my mommy instinct kicking in. I have her picture and I feel like she's mine...so I want her here with her brothers and sister. This has been harder than pregnancy because atleast with each of my pregnancies I could feel them kick, or have an ultrasound, or hear a heartbeat, etc. With adoption, it's just so different...you are a world away from your child and you can't do a thing, but trust that God is in control. But, through all my fears about how Sophia is doing Scripture rings in my ears..."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. This is what I cling to. He has good plans for her and He will give her hope and a future!

1 comment: