For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh...this is just NOT right...

BEFORE TRANSFER

JUST 3 WEEKS AFTER TRANSFER

This sweet little girl's name is Teri Lynn. I believe she has down syndrome and has just recently been moved from the Baby House to a Mental Institution. She most likely will die if someone does not go and rescue her. Her before and after pictures speak for themselves. I am heartbroken for her. This is NOT the way any child should have to live. The institutions are a basically a death sentence. From what I have read, most children with Down Syndrome will be transferred to a mental institution between the ages of 3 and 5, where they spend their days medicated (to sleep all day and night, little to no stimulation, and left in a crib/bed ALL the time). Honestly, it's hard to imagine these places exist, but they do and if you want to read an amazing family's experience with this exact situation...then click here. To find out more about Teri Lynn...click here.

I think the pictures speak more than my words can.

1 comment:

  1. This is just so heart breaking... Thanks for advocating for her.

    ReplyDelete