For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Friday, July 22, 2011

UPDATE on Teri Lynn!

A couple posts ago I wrote about a little girl named Teri Lynn and her desperate situation. Honestly, she was on my heart for many days and I was brokenhearted for her. But, my brokenheartedness quickly turned to pure joy when I saw that someone (also advocating for her) posted Teri Lynn's story on their blog and were fundraising for this sweet girl. Well, let me tell you...God sure showed up! In 3 days over$20,000 was raised for this little girls adoption!!! WOW! Thank You Lord! See, by removing the financial barrier with Teri Lynn's adoption, a family can just think about getting to her quickly and bringing her home. I am amazed at people's generosity and love for a child somewhere in a distant land. It is amazing what God can do and it shows His deep love for the orphan. I have heard that there have been a ton of inquiries into adopting her and that they are very hopeful that they will have a family for her soon! Now, we just need to pray that God would sustain this little girl's life...she is NOT under good care...not even mediocre care. She is in an awful place and most likely under awful care. Please pray that God would give her the strength to live and that her family would get to her in record speed. Also please pray that she would have a kind hearted, gentle, loving, caretaker until her forever family gets to her. You can read more about this amazing story here. You may need to scroll down a bit to get to Teri Lynn's story and fundraising! By the way, you can still continue to give towards her adoption expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment