For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Friday, December 16, 2011

Update and Pictures





(One picture is of all the kiddos eating popcorn after picking up Samuel from school and the other picture is of Sophia hugging her new doll and blanket from Grandma...she loves them both!)




UPDATE:


Well its been 12 days home and Sophia is settling in beautifully! The first few days were very hard on both of us. Although, I think she did better than me. I must have been really exhausted because I had the worst attitude when I was home the first few days. It was so strange, because instead of feeling overjoyed to have Sophia home...I was wondering what in the heck did I just do to our family. I couldn't eat for 5 full days...lost about 7 pounds and was just downright depressed. I am so glad to report that we are all back to our happy selfs...I guess it was the jetlag and stress of the trip that did me in. Those first days home were TOUGH! But, God atleast gave me enough sense to know that I truly did not feel the way I thought I felt. We are all doing so well now. And in case you are wondering...my appetite is in full force and I am pretty sure I have gained it all back. lol! All the kids are getting along wonderfully. I do not mean we do not have our struggles of sharing, bad attitudes, or pouting...we absolutely have that. But, to me...that's normal! The boys STILL hug and kiss Sophia ALL DAY LONG! Poor girl can't even eat her eggs without someone laying a big ol' kiss on her. She and Julia are slowly getting closer. It's actually pretty comical to watch them...I think I remember going through this when I was about 5 and my mom brought home my sister Lori. I wasn't too happy about this new person in our family, but or course I can't imagine life without her...or any of my siblings for that matter! So, just wanted to fill everyone in on how we are doing. We love this little girl with all our hearts and are thrilled she is home with us!








No comments:

Post a Comment