For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Thursday, December 8, 2011

5 days HOME!

I am thrilled to be home...I missed being home very much...missed my hubby, the kiddos, my bed, the familiarity, ENGLISH and a whole bunch of other stuff. However, being home brings along a whole new set of challenges. Yesiree...it sure does. Like....recovering from jetlag, being so very tired, acclimating Sophia to the other children...her room...the dog...pretty much everything. She has done really well when I remember that she is 2 and that her entire world has been turned upside down. If anything, I have to be more grace giving and remind myself to be more patiend and understanding and loving. It's easy to "expect" Sophia to act a "certain" way, because the other 3 acted a certain way at her age. However, the other 3 never lived in China, in an orphanage, with little food and no family...so really it's a completely ridiculous expectation. I am aware of my ridiculuous expectations and I am keeping that at the forefront of my mind. I really didn't know what to expect after I brought Sophia home, but I don't think I was prepared. Not sure if you really can prepare for it until you do it. But, it's been so rewarding and so challenging all at the same time. I think Sophia is a very brave little girl. She is transitioning into our family very well. I am thankful for her and I am really looking forward to what she will be like and how she will have grown in the next few months. Just as I am proud of the other kiddos, I am equally proud of lil' Miss Sophia for how strong she has been. Daddy just thinks she's so adorable and they are bonding well. We've had a little jealously between the girls, but again it's only been 5 days...God will work it out. I have no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment