For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making (some) Progress

Well, we are still waiting for our homestudy to be completed. Hopefully, by the end of this week our social worker will have been able to finish writing it. Then we can move on to the next step of the long adoption journey. That next step is simply getting all our documents notarized, authorized, and authenticated! Sheesh...that's a whole lot of "verifying" going on! After all of that we need to send out our I800 application. We will then wait up to 8 weeks for our I800 approval. Basically, the I800 approval is just approval from the United States saying we can adopt a child from China. We need this document before we can send our paperwork to China. I can not wait to get our paperwork to China. Of course, once it's in China we will still need to wait 4 to 5 months before we travel!! This is absolutely a lesson in patience! We would appreciate any and all your prayers. We would love for this paperwork process to move quickly and smoothly. And of course, our number one prayer is for Sophia...that she is doing well and is very much loved where she is at!

No comments:

Post a Comment