For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Thursday, March 3, 2011

Being Reminded...

First let me start of by saying...we are so incredibly thrilled to be adopting Sophia...we can not wait to bring her home! I have to say though that the enormity sometimes hits me when I least expect it. Normally, I would expect that I would become overwhelmed with adding another child to the household when things were chaotic with the three little ones already in the house! Instead, I find that it happens when things are going very smoothly, all are getting along, and I am just sort of admiring the peacefulness of the moment. That's when a thought can hit me that says..."What in the world are we doing?" "Why rock the boat?" and so on. This is where I need to be careful to shift my focus off of myself and remember that God has a purpose for each of us and a lot of the time people will have a God given desire (ours being adoption) and instead of moving boldly forward with it...will get stuck in complacency or content with being too comfortable. We start to doubt the same God who was, is and will always be the One who directs our steps. I can remember being pregnant with all 3 of my children whom are all only 17 months apart from the other. I remember being overwhelmed almost the entire pregnancy with all of them because I was soooo nervous about "how I would be able to handle one child, two children, then 3 children under the age of 3!" And of course, God gave me all I ever needed in the exact moment I needed it...never before and never too late. I can certainly look back now and say that with confidence. So, with that said...I am trying not to do what I did before. Unfortunately, I showed a huge lack of faith in the God who gave me those pregnancies/children in the first place. Now, more than ever I know He will certainly never give me more than I can shoulder...and if He does...He will be there to carry me through! Thanks to a dear friend...stacy, who reminded me of all this over some tea and dark chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment