For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finances

Adoption is expensive. I've avoided this topic for our entire journey because it's such a touchy topic. Part of me thinks that since we decided to adopt, we should be able to pay for it all. Another part of me wants people to understand that sometimes we just flat out need help. Let me first start by putting the stats out there. Our adoption is going to cost approximately $25,000. We started our adoption of Sophia this past January. It has been 9 months since we saw her sweet face and began this exciting journey! But, in 9 months we have also paid out $13,000! Whoa! Can you believe that? I have to put a disclaimer in here....this is NOT by our doing. Yes, we have saved every penny we could. Yes, we have cut back with nonessentials. But, only God could provide $13000 in 9 months. He has used many avenues for this. At the beginning God used friends to donate in a big way...this started us off! We were thrilled! Later along in the process God used more friends to bless us in a big way! Again, just humbled and thrilled! And as we have approached the end here, God has used bonus money from my husbands awesome employer and more monetary donations from 2 close friends! We have been blessed beyond what we deserve. We know this is because "What God calls you to, He will see you through". Well, friends we are approaching the end of our journey. We should be traveling in November to finally bring our little girl home! But, if you do the math, you will see $25,000 minus $13,000 leaves $12,000 left to come up with before we leave! We have been saving like crazy...we have $4220 in our adoption fund. We still need to save another $8000 in about 6 weeks. I am not one to get overly concerned. But, I have to tell you there are some nights I stay up way to late wondering where exactly that's gonna come from! But, in my heart of hearts I know God's love is not only for our Sophia, but for me too. I just know He wants to show off for us! I know the money will come. Honestly, if you would please pray for me. I don't want to worry. I think that is the ultimate slap in the face of the Lord. I truly believe He will provide. My hope is that I can hold onto His truths and trust in His unfailing Word that He has got this covered! And, if you feel the desire to contribute in anyway...well, I'm not gonna turn ya down! We have a donation button off to the right. Feel free to use it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment