For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Thursday, October 13, 2011

THANK YOU!

To all my bloggy friends who have so graciously donated to our adoption...please know I am so very thankful! If I could hug each of you...I would. The adoption journey is a very exciting journey, but it does have it's ups and downs. Just like anything else, you can't understand it until you've been down this path. You know that song Hosanna that says "Break my heart for what breaks yours. Everything I am for your Kingdoms cause"...well, I sure do feel that's been my theme song. I don't think you can walk the road of adoption without having your heart broken in a million pieces. I mean, really, just read a blog or two and your in tears. It's just overwhelming the need out there, the sadness, and the pain. But, it's also overwhelmingly (is that a word?) good when you read these stories of families literally rescuing these children from all sorts of situations. In my opinion it's a perfect snapshot of the Gospel. We all have our stories and they are all different, but we all share something in common. We all are dealing with struggles, sadness, trials, pain, loneliness, betrayal. It's just the world we live in. If it's not today, it will be tomorrow. So sad. So overwhelmingly (theres that word again) sad. BUT, lets not forget the One who can rescue us from all those things. Only God wants too. And truthfully, only He can. As a mommy swoops down and scoops up her once orphaned child and embraces him/her in her arms as her child...it's just the same when God moves in and rescues us. It's just so very cool to me. So very, very cool. Well, this started out as a simple thank you to those who have walked beside us and been so supportive in so many ways, but it turned out a little more long winded than expected. Let me just end with a big ol' THANK YOU! Y'all are too kind. And if you still want to be entered into a drawing, please check out www.nogreaterjoymom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment