For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,...The King reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" Matthew 25:35,40




Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thanks hubby...

Today, as I was cleaning off our very cluttered dining room table...I came across George's notes from his time spent in the Word. It was such a timely piece of Scripture. Ever notice that's how God works? :) Well, as the adoption continues on we have more and more expenses regarding it. This is to be expected. We were not caught off guard with the adoption expenses. What did catch us off guard was all the "other" expenses (like both cars breaking down a week apart!)in life that seem to pop up an the most inopportune time! Which, I suppose is to be expected as well..isn't that called Murphy's Law?? Anyways, I have a way of starting to panic when I think about finances. I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan and follower...so save, save, save, has been my motto. But, seems with all the "other" incidentals happening along with the adoption it's more like spend, spend, spend. Well, today I was reminded that God's got this ALL under control. This is the verse George had written down...Proverbs 28:20&27 "A faithful man will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished" and "He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." I think the 2 most powerful words to me were "lack nothing". Just a perfect reminder that God's got this...I don't, but He sure does!

2 comments:

  1. I think Jami we are just on the same time line of life. LOL . . we are down to one car right now. My husbands broke down and we just cannot bear the financial responsibility to fix it. Hasn't been easy, but I just pray the Lord will keep on providing as he always does. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noooo! But, I guess the absolute best part is when you and your family come through this, look back...and THANK GOD for His Awesome provision! There are so many times I look back and wonder..."how did we ever make it through that time??" And then it hits me...We made it through because we serve a Great God who provides for those He loves! Will be praying for you and your journey! Thanks for posting...it's so encouraging to read others stories!

    ReplyDelete